*Fat Bomb Keto Recipes*. One of the best things about following a ketogenic diet, is that there are some great dessert recipes available. That means if you have a sweet tooth, you can still indulge in some sweet, and decadent treats and maintain a state of ketosis.
One of the hardest parts of dieting for me, is after I have gone a whole day of eating healthy I always end up craving something sweet. This usually happens at night when my willpower will power is at its lowest.
The way I circumvent this problem is by creating fat bomb keto desserts. They are rich, creamy, and delicious.
These treats are completely free of refined carbohydrates and sugar. That means they do not increase blood sugar levels and they keep you in ketosis. In addition, the healthy fats help you to feel full and satisfied.
Fat Bomb Keto Recipe #1
Fat Bomb Keto Chocolate Cups:
If you’re craving something chocolatey and creamy then Fat Bomb Keto Chocolate Cups are what you are looking for. What makes these even better is that they are super easy to make.
They only have 4-5 ingredients and can be made in 5-10 minutes.
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice or coconut butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa or cacao powder
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- stevia to taste, or 1 tbsp liquid sweetener of choice
- optional, I like to add 1/8 tsp salt
- To make them, start by measuring out your cocoa powder. You want to measure this first because it is dry. If you start measuring the coconut butter or oil first it will cause your measurer to get all oily and the cacao powder will stick to the measurer!
- So measure the cocoa first, and add it to a mixing bowl. Proceed to measuring the coconut oil and the coconut butter(or nut butter) and adding them to the same mixing bowl.
- Add the stevia or liquid sweetener and if you like (I do) add salt or sea salt. By the time I have added the salt I have all the ingredients mixed in the bowl. When it comes to the salt, I don’t really measure; I add to taste. So as I add more and more salt, I take taste tests in between until it’s just right. I like to do this with the sweetener as well, because adding too much sweetener can ruin these. So be careful!
- Other optional ingredients you can add to this mixture are cayenne pepper to give it a nice little kick! You could also add orange zest to give it a little bit of a citrus tang! As you make more of these you can continue to get more and more creative.
- It might help to microwave the coconut butter to make scooping and mixing easier.
- After the mixture is complete use ice cube trays or cupcake trays to create the “cups”
- Store in the fridge or freezer. I prefer the fridge because they don’t get super hard.
- I like to use unsweetened Ghirardelli cocoa baking powder
- It’s difficult to get the coconut butter to mix homogeneously with the other ingredients, so you get some white chunks. I think heating the coconut butter would help with this problem.
Fat Bomb Keto Recipe #2
I’ve saved my true favorite fat bomb keto recipe for last: Fat Bomb Keto Chocolate Pudding.
This dessert is truly rich and decadent. The main ingredient used is full-fat coconut milk which makes it very creamy and smooth. It takes only about 20 minutes to make and has only 7 ingredients
Fat Bomb Keto Chocolate Pudding Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 13.5- oz full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp coconut oil OR 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the coconut milk and Swerve. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks until smooth. Slowly add 1/2 cup of the hot coconut milk mixture into the egg yolks, whisking continuously.
- Slowly whisk the tempered egg yolks back into the saucepan of hot coconut milk. Reduce heat to medium low and sprinkle with xanthan gum, whisking continuously. Stir in cocoa powder and cook until mixture thickens, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the coconut oil and vanilla extract until smooth. Divide between 6 dessert cups and refrigerate until set, 2 to 3 hours.
- Garnish with lightly sweetened coconut whipped cream, some berries, or some macadamia nuts.
- Leave the eggs out to “come to temperature” for a few hours before starting this recipe
- If you add the hot mixture to the eggs to fast you will get bits of fried egg in your pudding. Be careful!
- Instead of picking butter or coconut oil to add, I use half of both
- Use unsweetened Ghirardelli cocoa baking powder for your cocoa powder
- Coconut milk with some guar gum will help the pudding thicken. I use this coconut milk.
What’s amazing about these fat bomb keto recipes is that you can still follow a fat-loss protocol and indulge in truly decadent desserts. Its a real-life example of having your cake and eating it to!